The Opening Ceremony of the Exhibition will take place at the Metropolitan Expo on Friday, December 6th at 6 pm by the Minister of Tourism, Mr. Haris Theocharis, and the Deputy Minister of Tourism, Mr. Manos Consolas, the President of EOT, Mrs. Angela Gerekou, the Secretary-General of the EOT, Mr Dim. Frangakis, Attiki Regional Governor Mr. G. Patoulis and Athens Mayor Mr. Kostas Bakogiannis. The Ambassadors of the countries participating in the Fair have also been invited to the opening.
During the inauguration, the Excellence Award will be given to IEK DELTA and the students of the School Of Tourism & Culinary Arts for staffing all the sections of the 6th International Tourism Fair and organizing the Open Kitchen Live Cooking & Open Bar that will be presented at the Exhibition.
Following the inauguration, the Minister of Tourism, Mr. Haris Theocharis, will welcome and address a short greeting to the 150 Hosted Buyers from 50 countries participating in the Exhibition.
The 6th Athens International Tourism Expo 2019, will be held on 6-8 December at Metropolitan Expo and will be, as every year, the official tourism exhibition of Athens for Incoming tourism from other countries to Greece.
The exhibition will focus on three major tourism sectors: The Leisure, MICE and the Luxury Travel.
The exhibition grows with new tourism sectors and dynamically will present:
- 300+ Exhibitors from Greece and Abroad (In this year’s edition exhibitors from abroad will participate to create combined packages (multi-country) for long haul travelers. In this year edition the exhibition hosts official participations from the following countries: CYPRUS, INDIA, SERBIA, BULGARIA & EGYPT which will promote incoming tourism to their destinations.
- 150 Hosted Buyers from 50 countries will be there for B2B meetings with the exhibitors and
- Trade Visitors of Tourism and other sectors will seek new business partnerships.
SUCCESS FACTORS OF AIT Expo 2019:
- The 150+ International Hosted Buyers from over 50 countries which will cover all tourism sectors.
- The B2B meetings between exhibitors and Tour Operators, Travel Agencies, MICE and DMC’s specialists.
- Parallel Events by Experts Speakers from Greece and abroad that will focus on the international trends and developments of the travel industry.
Athens: The new Tourism Hub:
The exhibition will gradually evolve into a major International Tourism Exhibition in Greece that will bring together exhibitors and visitors from many countries, giving Athens the position it deserves as a Tourism Hub in the Mediterranean and Southern Europe area.
- Mediterranean / South Europe is one of the biggest receptive tourism destination in the world. Long haul outgoing tourism markets, especially from Asia and the Americas, will provide many millions of tourists in the coming years – these travelers usually want to visit more than one country per trip.
- Therefore, professionals from all Mediterranean / South Europe countries should work close together to offer combined packages to these travelers.
The Athens International Tourism Expo 2019 provides the ground for such co-operations among these tourism professionals in order to network and create these combined packages.
For more information, please visit www.aite.gr, Call center +30-2106141164, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arab-Hellenic Chamber participates with a kiosk at the 6th Athens Tourism Expo.
We are looking forward to seeing you all there!